Radon is a colourless, odourless gas that can seep undetected into your home and cause lung cancer. Protect your family by testing your home for radon.

What is radon?

Radon is a radioactive gas that is produced naturally by the breakdown of uranium in the ground. Since radon can’t be seen, smelled, or tasted, it can get into your home undetected. In outdoor air, radon is diluted and therefore not a concern. But in confined spaces like your house, radon can build up to high levels and become a health risk.

Radon can enter your home any place where the house touches the soil and there is an opening.

Possible entry points into your home include:

  • cracks in foundation walls and floor slabs
  • construction joints
  • gaps around service pipes
  • support posts
  • window casements
  • floor drains
  • sumps or cavities inside walls
  • dirt floors

The amount of radon in your home will depend on many factors:

  • the amount of uranium in the ground
  • the number of entry points into your home
  • how well your home is ventilated

Contact Us To Book Your Raydon Inspection